Transcription of " The Lost Jewel " By Emily Dickinson [ Photo with Poem / Experiment23 ]


The poet says that she has been sleeping with amethyst under her pillow since she was young, or she used to fall asleep with the amethyst in her hand.

One day, she lost her amethyst while taking a walk. After learning about it, she was very sad at first, but later thought that the amethyst had returned to Earth, which comforted her.

Her transition of ideas is so wise. It's a positive idea that changes the anxiety and loss that's coming to her in a very good way.

It is said that this beautiful poem was made based on this story.


The Lost Jewel  By Emily Dickinson

I held a jewel in my fingers
And went to sleep.
The day was warm, and winds were prosy;
I said: "'T'will keep."

I woke and chid my honest fingers,
The gem was gone;
And now an amethyst remembrance
Is all I own.




Experiment23

Experiment23

Experiment23


She may be happier for herself if she finds the missing gem again, but I think she's wise to shift her mind to console herself. I also think I should learn this part again by reading this poem.

The pictures above are arranged so that you can imagine amethyst fading away.


" The Lost Jewel " By Emily Dickinson



These days, I often transcribe with a pencil. That's because the sound of writing is good for listening. Please visit my YouTube channel.  🙏








0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊