Heart, we will forget him By Emily Dickinson / Experiment04

 This is the poem [Heart, we will forget him] I transcribed this time. I think this poem by Emily Dickinson is a beautiful expression of the heart that struggles to forget love. I think the object of love can be an old lover or an object of nature.


Heart, we will forget him  

By Emily Dickinson


Heart, we will forget him

You and I, tonight.

You may forget the warmth he gave,

I will forget the light.


When you have done, pray tell me,

That I my thoughts may dim;

Haste! lest while you're lagging,

I may remember him!


Emily Dickinson is a hidden poet, who was lonely and wrote many poems, but whose true value was not known until later. Born in 1830, she lived until 1886, and is known to have published only a few poems while she was alive.

I chose a picture that matches this poem and edited it in the way Experiment04.

Heart, we will forget him

I tried to emphasize my longing by making the darkness a little thicker in the direction this plum flower is looking at. And here, I tried to emphasize the disconnection, which is the mind to forget, by ripping up the picture.

Now, I'll show you the original photo.


a black-and-white original photograph


a color source photograph

This photo was taken on March 16 this year and features the first plum blossom to announce spring.

Fujifilm    X-T4    F8    1/4000s    ISO1600    Spot   600mm

XF150-600mm F5.6~8 R LM OIS WR

The background in that picture is an apartment window. It is also the warmest and quietest place in the neighborhood where apricot flowers bloom first. 🌺




0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊