Transcription of Afternoon on a Hill By Edna St. Vincent Millay [ Photo with Poem / Experiment12 ]


The poet who wrote this poem was an Americanrn female poet and playwright. She even published a piece called Forest Trees in St. Nicholas magazine at the tender age of 14. She was also recognized as a poet enough to win a Pulitzer Prize and gained a lot of popularity among the public.

Original Color

Fujifilm    X-T4    F2.8    1/2200s    ISO160    80mm
XF80mm F2.8 Macro  

I think this poem conveys the leisure and warmth of the afternoon spent on a beautiful hill with clear skies and warm sunlight and a very good view of the village. Of course, I imagine a tall tree and numerous wild flowers spread out there.

I don't have any pictures that anyone else would want to go to. So I chose the picture below because I wanted to show you the scenery where wild flowers are gathered. 


Original B&W



This photo was taken at Guri Hangang Civic Park in Guri, Gyeonggi-do on April 25, 2021. It's a picture taken in spring, and although it feels a little like autumn, I think the wildflower flower garden expressed in this poem will give this feeling.

Next, I would like you to appreciate the results of my transcription of this poem and the original text of the poem.


Afternoon on a Hill  By Edna St. Vincent Millay 


Afternoon on a Hill

By Edna St. Vincent Millay


I will be the gladdest thing

  Under the sun!

I will touch a hundred flowers

  And not pick one.

I will look at cliffs and clouds

  With quiet eyes,

Watch the wind bow down the grass,

  And the grass rise.

And when lights begin to show

  Up from the town,

I will mark which must be mine,

  And then start down!



And I made a video of the process of transcribing this poem. You can watch it by clicking on the YouTube link below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Gx83S2hrsXU


And I edited the picture above in the way of Experiment12.



🔽 Experiment12 - Single line point_description 🔽

https://idea0404.blogspot.com/2024/03/experiment12-single-line-point.html


Thank you so much for reading my page to the end.  🤗



0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊