Transcription of Flowers By Wendy Cope [ Photo with Poem / Experiment18 ]

Wendy Cope is a female poet, born in Kent, England. She worked as an elementary school teacher for 14 years and has been a freelance writer since then. She has published books by writing in various fields, but her poetry collection was the most popular.

If you read this poem, it is humorous, but it contains deep meaning. It expresses that he hoped the man he loves would give him flowers, but he couldn't for various reasons, and he hopes to understand him and leave him as a good memory.
So I chose this picture because I wanted to express how I was giving flowers to my loved one.


Experiment18 Color



Experiment18 B&W


Original Color



Experiment18 B&W


Please read the full text of this poem and attach my manuscript.



Flowers  /  Wendy Cope


​Some men never think of it.

You did. You’d come along

And say you’d nearly brought me flowers

But something had gone wrong.


The shop was closed. Or you had doubts –

The sort that minds like ours

Dream up incessantly. You thought

I might not want your flowers.


It made me smile and hug you then.

Now I can only smile.

But, look, the flowers you nearly brought

Have lasted all this while.​​


▶  https://youtube.com/shorts/3uSwbG8YC4w



The pen I used to transcribe this poem today is Waterman's Hemisphere. The ink also used Waterman's Black Ink.
I enjoyed the process of transcribing because the language of the poem was simple and fun.

I don't edit the Experiment 18 method often, but I like the scanning this time. If you want to see more about the Experiment 18 editing method, you can refer to my blog post.


▶  https://idea0404.blogspot.com/2024/03/experiment18-flower-in-hand.html


Thank you so much for reading my article again today. 🙏🙏




0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊