Experiment17 - LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Capture a laser in a picture

 Experiment17 description


1. Print out color & bnw pictures


2. First, look at the picture and decide which way to illuminate the laser


3. Put a picture on the scanner and turn on my iPhone's flashlight function

4. Press the scanner start button and scan the laser together by illuminating the light between the photo and the scanner


 / Experiment17 Results



/ Color Original Photography


This Experiment 17 project aims to scan a laser. I don't think you'll know what I'm talking about if you just listen to this. 

In fact, it was a coincidence that I started working on this. 

At first, in the process of scanning a photo, I tried to create an artificial solution by shining a light onto the scan image. 


But I was disappointed that the iPhone light did not appear in the scan result, perhaps because the scanner's light was strong.

Then, just in case, I lit a light between the photo and the scanner machine and scanned it, and it looked like a laser. It was such an amazing result.

I've created quite a few pieces in this way. I've tried mixing them with different experiments. I think it was more fun because it was a coincidence.


/ black-and-white original photograph



This picture was taken on March. 5, 2023. It was a spring day when plum blossoms were in beautiful bloom. It rains a lot, gets windy, and the sky is often cloudy due to yellow dust in Korea. Nevertheless, luckily, it was a sunny and warm day.


Fujifilm    X-T4    F7.1    1/640s    ISO160    80mm

XF80mm F2.8 Macro







0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊