Transcribing In blackwater woods By Mary Oliver [ Photo with Poem / Experiment24 ]

https://youtube.com/shorts/tto8zAmaalg

https://youtube.com/shorts/qvDwx2UIc1Y


First of all, I'll show you a transcription video this time.

This poem is composed of short sentences, and instead, the whole length is long. Blackwater Pond is a freshwater pond that is formed of real sand. It was said that she could often see it where she lived. The forest around the pond was called Blackwater Woods.

Reading this poem, we can see that it shows the poet's deep thoughts on human life and death. These thoughts are thought to have a little oriental perspective.


Experiment24 Color


Experiment24 B&W


So, I'll take a picture of the water lily flower
I tried to express the feeling. 

Lotus and water lilies bloom all over the world, but they have a more special meaning, especially in Northeast Asia. They are often cited in Buddhism and often appear in myths and fairy tales.

The reason why I put tape on the photo in Experiment24 is to express my willingness to keep the natural passage of Mother Nature's time in this photo.

Now, let me show you the full text of this poem and the original copy that I transcribed.


In blackwater woods  By Mary Oliver


​Look, the trees

are turning

their own bodies

into pillars


of light,

are giving off the rich

fragrance of cinnamon

and fulfillment,


the long tapers

of cattails

are bursting and floating away over

the blue shoulders


of the ponds,

and every pond,

no matter what its

name is, is


nameless now.

Every year

everything

I have ever learned


in my lifetime

leads back to this: the fires

and the black river of loss

whose other side


is salvation,

whose meaning

none of us will ever know.

To live in this world


you must be able

to do three things:

to love what is mortal;

to hold it

 

against your bones knowing

your own life depends on it;

and, when the time comes to let it go,

to let it go.


In blackwater woods 01


In blackwater woods 02


The pen I used while transcribing this poem is Tom Bowser's Play Color 2 Brown.


Original Color

Original B&W


This photo was taken at Guri Hangang Civic Park on May 6, 2024. At that time, water lilies were just starting to bloom and looked so beautiful.


Fujifilm X-T4 F7.1 1/1400s ISO160 Spot

XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro


I pray that those of you who read my writing to the end will be filled with good luck today.  🙏🙏





0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊