Transcribing I look into my glass By Thomas Hardy [ Photo with Poem / Experiment06 ]

 As I read this poem, I sympathize with the fact that the mental world ages slowly, but the body ages much faster than I thought. 

In fact, the content of this poem also seems to contain the poet's thoughts.

Thomas Hardy was a famous British novelist in the 19th century, and Tess of the d’Urbervilles(1891) was the most famous of his works.


I look into my glass

               ​                      Thomas Hardy


​I look into my glass,

And view my wasting skin,

And say, “Would God it came to pass

My heart had shrunk as thin!”


For then, I, undistrest

By hearts grown cold to me,

Could lonely wait my endless rest

With equanimity.


But Time, to make me grieve,

Part steals, lets part abide;

And shakes this fragile frame at eve

With throbbings of noontide.


Experiment06  B&W


Experiment06  Color


Today's picture is a picture that conveys the desire to hold on to the time passing by like an arrow. The clothespin is in charge of holding the time. I really hope time will go slowly now and I sympathize with the heart of this poem.




This time, I transcribed it with Waterman's Hemisphere fountain pen. I feel good because it seems like a poem that goes well with green ink.




This time, I put pictures in between while editing the video.  😅

0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊