Transcribing If recollecting were forgetting By Emily Dickinson [ Photo with Poem / Experiment23 ]

 In this poem, the poet tells a different story about memory and forgetting. I think the more she tries to erase it, the more she is telling me about a time that has not disappeared from her memory.

Emily Dickinson is probably showing this poem her feelings for fear that memories of her loved ones will be forgotten.

It's a very short poem, but the intense and desperate longing is coming out very well, so I was impressed.


If recollecting were forgetting  

By Emily Dickinson


If recollecting were forgetting,

Then I remember not.

And if forgetting, recollecting,

How near I had forgot.

And if to miss, were merry,

And to mourn, were gay,

How very blithe the fingers

That gathered this, Today!


The picture I chose after reading this poem was printed on a broken printer with the picture below, so I chose it because I thought it was a picture that expressed the boundaries of memory and oblivion well.


Experiment23  Color




In the black and white picture, I chose this picture because it seemed to express the process of partially disappearing memories.



Experiment23  B&W


And I tried to transcribe this poem to Diamond 580 model, a TWSBI fountain pen. This fountain pen has the advantage of being very tactile and easy to manage due to a lot of ink.



If recollecting were forgetting By Emily Dickinson


I made a video about the process of transcribing this poem. I posted it on my YouTube account, so I hope a lot of people watch it.

▶▶▶ https://youtube.com/shorts/bAQfHN9B5zE


You can see another Emily Dickinson poem by visiting the link below.

https://idea0404.blogspot.com/2024/05/transcribing-may-flower-by-emily.html

https://idea0404.blogspot.com/2024/03/heart-we-will-forget-him-by-emily.html

https://idea0404.blogspot.com/2024/04/gratitudeis-not-mention-by-emily.html


Thank you for reading my post so far. I hope you have a good night  🥱😴😪


#TWSBI #diamond580 #Transcribing #EmilyDickinson #Poem #필사 #만년필 #트위스비



0 Comments

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today
Have a nice day 😊